In Chun Eng's words...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fuel hike effects

Last night was the first time I pump my fuel, 2 weeks after the new rate took effect.

At the old rate of RM 1.92/liter, I could cover 170-180 km for every RM 30 of petrol, now it roughly covers only 130 km with the new rate of RM 2.70/liter... so how great is the effect on me anyway?

40 km is almost a week's drive to work, so the impact is kind of great.

I used to spend around 17-18 cents/km. Now, it worked out to around 23-24 cents/km.

The current price hike is inevitable, but with my current lifestyle, I guess I cushion it comfortably. Thank god for that. Amitabha...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • This is the advantages of singles & local.

    For aliean (me), need to pay rental, eat outside, can deeply feel the pain.

    I found that a normal restuarant in SS15 is the best of class in earning money.

    Mix-rice (3 veges) = RM 5 (no typo)
    All drinks all rise RM0.10

    Effective immediately (On par with fuel price) ... WTF....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 June, 2008 16:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home