In Chun Eng's words...

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Flew again

Was off to another short trip last week.

This time, it was down south to Jakarta for 2 days. Touched-down in KLIA on Friday, near midnight.

Sent there to conduct a training in Fujitsu Indonesia (FID) on the latest release and enhancements of our system.

To me, there was nothing special in Jakarta. Being a city, it's almost the same as what you could see in KL, except maybe you'll see more beggers on the roads. Jakarta is still very busy in its developments.

Soekarno-Hatta Airport reminds me a lot of our old Subang airport, not as modern as what we could see in KLIA.

Drivers are a little more 'violent' as compared to Malaysian drivers. I don't think I'll ever dare to drive in Indonesia. But I may not need to as drivers here are cheap here. Anyone who is in a managerial level in Jakarta seems to be able to afford a driver of their own.

We was provided a driver to anywhere I go when I was in Jakarta.

The only unfortunate thing is that I haven't been able to experience their food much as my trip was too short. Only tasted one proper Indonesian food during lunch on Friday at a nearby shopping mall foodcourt. I forgot the name.

On Thursday night, we were taken to dinner by FID boss to a Chinese restaurant called 3-6-9 and had chinese dumplings such as Siew Long Pau, Wor Tie, Shui Gou etc. To be honest, it was pretty good.

Apart of this, the rest of my meals were in a hotel. Lame... but basically, I did not spend anything when I was in Jakarta except Rp. 100,000.00 for the airport tax I had to pay for my flight back to KLIA.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home