In Chun Eng's words...

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Le Meridien Hotel, Jakarta

Le Meridien was the hotel I stayed in during my 2 days stay in Jakarta. This was also the place I spent most of my Indonesia time in. Hardly had the chance or time to visit anywhere else.

On my 2nd and last day in Indonesia, right after lunch I strolled around the hotel, which isn't really big, but was nicely decorated.

The hotel lobbies


La Brasserie was the place I had my buffet breakfast.



I was really surprised that they served pork openly in hotels. I had always thought that Indonesia is stricter than Malaysia on non-halal food since they have one of the biggest Muslim populations in the world.

But for them to serve pork in hotels, maybe they're more open than our own Malaysian government on these issues. So, can this be considered a respect to the other races?

I reckoned that Le Meridien is built on the concept of dragons and phoenixes. Almost to every corner I turned to has a sculpture of a dragon look-a-like,





and paintings / carpets of phoenix


My room


Basically, I only took photos at the hotel. I stupid left my batteries in my luggage bag when arriving, so I could not snap any photos of the airport, or anywhere around Jakarta.

And I was so occupied with work in FID that I couldn't get the chance to take even a few quick pictures. Well, if better luck next time I will.

And oh, this was also the first hotel I see provides candles in the roooms.


My only first thought is that, are they that bad that there's a possibility of a frequent blackout in the hotel? Haha... I hoped not at all, since my stay in the hotel was a pretty pleasant one.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • There are plastic bottle manufacturer in Malaysia who supply bottles to Middle East Countries cannot supply to Malaysia.

    :) get what I mean?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 May, 2008 00:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home