In Chun Eng's words...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Happy CNY to all

This may come late, but it is still Chinese New Year until the 15th day of New Year (Feb 12, 2006). To all those born in the year of Dogs, have a good doggie year. Be good ok. And all the best to the rest. Wish you all, "Pou Pou Kou Seng" and "San Nin Fatt Tai Choy".

This year's CNY is again the same to me. This year, I was again up in Genting performing lion and dragon dance at First World Plaza. Was up there from "Chor Yat" until "Chor Ng" while some'll stay back until the last day which is Feb 12th. This year is busier than usual as we have 4 shows a day. All these while, we only had 3... since the first year we started performing up there. The 2nd day of CNY (Jan 30th) is again the day where we would perform from shops to shops. Only this time, we had 80+ shops to perform at. A big jump from the years before. Apart of that, it's all stage shows.

Was exceptionally tired this year from the shows. Firstly, I trained less this year due to other commitments and secondly, the shows are increasing year after year after year. Feeling really tired already. Maybe it's time to call it quit. Maybe it's time to retire from all this. But it was still a great fun performing. I'm not yet willing and ready to let go and forget the experience.

I came down at Thursday night after the last show and was supposed to perform at some shows down in KL but I was not feeling well, so I skipped the Friday shows. I slept the whole day on Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, I again perform all around KL, PJ, Shah Alam and Subang. Some were houses, some were shopping complexes, little were offices. Saturday was a whole day while Sunday was only a half day for my team. The other team in the troupe has got other shows. Don't know until what time they ended.

With Sunday only half day, it gave me enough rest to get ready for work the next day (yesterday) but still, yesterday was a killer day. I kept falling asleep at work. Then at 5.30pm, everyone was calling everyone to the conference room. Why??!!! It's time for black jack. My boss bully us kau kau man. So many triples and doubles we had to pay her as she's the banker. Some of us had a black jack also need to pay her. Imagine how lucky she was. I only sat there for half an hour and already lost RM 12. Let's hope I'll win the next round cause they will keep playing until the last day of CNY.

2 Comments:

  • wahlau..bz man ler.

    next time when u comin to shah alam..tell me la dude.
    i oso wanna see u dance..see really that talented or not.

    haha..just kiddin..but i still wanna see it!

    By Blogger ashes, at 08 February, 2006 13:56  

  • LOL... of course I'm not that talented, otherwise I'll be competing in world championships already.

    mine is just enough for me to trade my skils only...

    hehehehe

    By Blogger Eng, at 08 February, 2006 21:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home