In Chun Eng's words...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The busy days

It's been quite a busy weekend for me. As CNY is coming to a near, so are the performances. Lion and dragon shows are abundance. So is Kung Fu/Wushu performances. Places I've performed on Saturady (in order) - Centre Point, Jaya Supermarket, Spectrum Shopping Mall and at Centre Point (again). On Sunday, it was Low Yat Plaza, Centre Point, Jusco Bukit Raja, Bangsar Shopping Centre, Alam Sentral and again at Centre Point. For a person who's on semi-retirement, performing 3 shows a day is already tiring, let alone me being needed for 4-5 shows all spreaded over the whole afternoon and night. It's now becoming of a racing game, rushing from one place to another for the shows. But overall, it's still fun doing them. Something different from my mundane weekends.

On Saturday night, one member even bought some of us dinner at The Ship at Damansara Utama. It was the first time I laid my hands on estragot (pronounced es-tra-go) escargot (pronounced es-car-go) and oysters. Estragot Escargot are those French snails in case some of you don't know. The oyster was cooked with cheese and it taste good but I couldn't really taste the oyster though.

Yesterday (Monday, Jan. 23rd, 2006), my boss took the whole department for lunch again. This time we went to O'Briens Irish Sandwich Bar at The Weld. This was the second time; the first being at The Outback, an Australian western restaurant. That time was for the occasion of welcoming me to the company and as farewell to another colleague. This time, it's because CNY is coming. After lunch, she even bought all of us Coffee Bean. I ordered a chocolate mocha called "The Ultimate". I find the chocolate chips too small and too much but it was good nonetheless.

Anyway, the last 2 days at work has been quite eventful. Yesterday was the department meeting. Started at 10.30am and ended at 4pm with lunch midway. Today, after lunch, I went with my boss and another 2 senior to MOSTI, Putrajaya for a few reasons. One is to deliver mandarin oranges, two is to solve some problem in the system which I'm supposed to be supporting which I haven't been able to solve everything yet and also a short discussion on the new application we're going to develop. Development would go underway once the price negotiation is completed.

Wow. Has never done so many things in so few days before. Now as I'm typing this, I am feeling dead tired. So need to go now. Need ZZZZzzzzz.....

15 Comments:

  • Since when do programmers deliver oranges? ahaha...but its a cahnge from doing coding

    By Blogger Jyrenze, at 24 January, 2006 22:21  

  • welcome to the club bro..it feels sooooo damn good to see someone goin tru the same thing as me..ahhaha..:P

    i myself am tired of goin here n there..doin this n tat..non stop..yest also i went home at 9pm from a client's place..got stuck with a bi*ch for 9 hours!(but then again..it makes ur life kinda interesting..;)).
    the only day i can rest at home is when i get a day off for PH.
    so im really looking forward for this CNY break..yay..3 days in a row!

    By Blogger ashes, at 25 January, 2006 08:16  

  • you got 3?
    I got 5 man... actually it's 9 if you include the weekends.

    Oh my gawd, what did she do to do?
    Did she rape you? Or molested you? Or sexually harassed you?

    hehehehe

    By Blogger Eng, at 25 January, 2006 09:04  

  • u good la.......got so many makan besar...i just only got the annual dinner...other all have to pay by my own....

    By Blogger YSLim, at 26 January, 2006 07:46  

  • But you all got bonus... I didn't get because I joined this company late. Now looking forward to the annual dinner somewhere in March and company trip. I heard it's usually in Oct/Nov.

    By Blogger Eng, at 26 January, 2006 08:35  

  • ahhaha..aisay why thinkin so far la eng....rape pulak..young gal rape me oso nvm..this one was like 40++ ok..!

    By Blogger ashes, at 26 January, 2006 22:24  

  • 40+ ladies are the most dangerous ones because they will be desperate if they're still single or their husband cannot do 'homework' at night.

    By Blogger Eng, at 27 January, 2006 08:50  

  • err eng..if she(tat woman) ever comes anywhere near me with tat kinda intention..i'll say im *ay.

    By Blogger ashes, at 27 January, 2006 09:36  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 27 January, 2006 09:42  

  • Sorry, error in the previous comment.

    ashes:...I'm shocked to hear that from you. I think you've been hanging around me too often...:D

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 27 January, 2006 09:45  

  • sure boh...
    then I'll get someone to test it on you...

    hahaha

    By Blogger Eng, at 27 January, 2006 09:48  

  • yea..join me someday and meet tis woman k?
    then i'll see wat u guys would say if u eva imagine her comin to u with THAT kinda intention.

    hahahaha..

    no eng,..no thanks..i dont need any volunteers to be tested.

    yea..steff, corrupting the mind of the innocent..
    ahaha..
    just kiddin bebeh..:P

    By Blogger ashes, at 27 January, 2006 10:03  

  • if u r in my company, in order to go company trip, u must need to be confirmed employee before 31 december 2005....i wonder whether your company has the similar rule or not...

    By Blogger YSLim, at 27 January, 2006 10:37  

  • hhhmmm...
    I've never heard of such policy from anyone. So I assume there isn't any of such policy.

    By Blogger Eng, at 27 January, 2006 23:08  

  • only kiamsiap companys do tat lo

    By Blogger Philip, at 01 February, 2006 11:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home