In Chun Eng's words...

Friday, December 30, 2005

The last working day of the year

We've reached the end of 2005 with a few more days to go. It could also be one of the most eventful day of my 10 months of working. Firstly, I had almost a 2 1/2 hours lunch. Already, my lunch hours are very flexible that my colleagues and I sometimes have 1 1/2 hours lunch on times when we're not busy at work.

Today, my senior drove us to a vegetarian shop in Miharja called Tian Yian Cafe & Restaurant. My senior is a vegetarian and whenever he eats with us, we would join him to eat vegetarian. Coincidently, his name is also called Philip. Now there's 2 things the 2 Philip I know have in common. Both are called Philip and both are vegetarians. Nevertheless, the food there isn't cheap but it's clean and it's air-conditioned if you're comparing with the normal hawker stalls.

Then at around 4.15pm, all of us got a memo stating that we can leave by 4pm. Stupid as it may be, announcing something past its time, but it's great nonetheless to be able to leave office early. Yaye...

We've already made plans to go to Planet Hollywood for dinner. It was still early so 2 of my colleagues took some of us to California Fitness where they are members. The facilities, impressive. The price, even more impressive.... and of course, expensive. But being eager to try it out, I sign-up with the package I think is reasonable to me. RM 99.00 + 5% gov tax monthly with limited benefits. The main condition is that I have to sign-up for a year.

Then we went for dinner as planned. It was already almost 8pm when we reached Planet Hollywood. Had what I think it's called Chicken Torsados. It was delicious but not recommended for huge eaters. It's under promotion so I got 50% off. Today's the last day of the promotion. Sat there chit-chatting till about 10pm where we all went for a short walk being going our ways.

9 Comments:

  • Wahahaha U mean that Tien Yian in Cheras near Ue3 "the lame" shopping complex?

    To me the food there is quite normal, boring with it already. Vegetarian food can taste much better than those there. btw, u should try their green curry, or may be their "Hiong Chun" mee. and dont eat their pudin, really sucks!

    By Blogger BillyTong, at 31 December, 2005 10:08  

  • Yup, that's the one... I did try the Green Curry Rice, as recommended by my colleague. Taste so-so only to me.

    By Blogger Eng, at 31 December, 2005 13:13  

  • Gym seems to be the in thing with folks who had just started work. You all really rajin lah. Looks like I'll be the only one growing sideways...

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 04 January, 2006 14:46  

  • haha...growing sideways!

    tats a good thing eng..soon we'
    ll be seeing eng with big broad chest n bulging muscles...all the gals would go !#$@!%$!#%.....hahaha..;)

    By Blogger ashes, at 05 January, 2006 11:40  

  • ...The Engcredible Hulk

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 07 January, 2006 00:22  

  • well... I'm not goin to develop my muscles up to that extend...

    need to keep it flexible otherwise my movements will be slow, esp. when I spar.

    By Blogger Eng, at 08 January, 2006 02:12  

  • Eng is going to look like vegeta from dragonball soon, hahaha....

    By Blogger Jyrenze, at 09 January, 2006 09:59  

  • AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    OMG! "VEGETA"...the super vegetarian saiyan...

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 09 January, 2006 10:01  

  • vegeta???
    what is that??
    or who is that?

    By Blogger Eng, at 10 January, 2006 16:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home