In Chun Eng's words...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Is it me or is it them?

For the past 2 weeks, I've been getting around 3-4 phone calls from various companies asking me to attend an interview. It's not that I'm annoyed by it but I applied for some of that jobs weeks if not months ago. Only lately they call me up. I should be flattered that they called me but I can't help to wonder, is my resume so unattractive that it did not catch their attention or are they just slow and inefficient?

Since I've already accepted an offer, I don't see the point of even meeting them for the interview. Who knows how long are they going to take before decided to hire me. If I wait, I could be unemployed once I leave my current company since I've already resigned. Furthermore, I'll be joining another company next week.

Then again, I really wonder what would happen had I decided to attend their interview. Could I be getting a better deals. It's possible, or it may be worse. Would their working environment be better? Again, it's possible. How nice would it be if we can make some predictions about the near future. Then we can at least know what to expect from it.

4 Comments:

  • Try to look for learning opponunity.

    if they didn't give u this, even they pay extra RM500, I wont even give a damn about them.

    and....getting hired as contact for like 1-2 years is something that u do not want to go into. Chances are u may stuck on doing the same thing again and again for 1-2 years.

    By Blogger BillyTong, at 23 November, 2005 09:52  

  • yeah..there u go eng..tats a good piece of advice from billy.

    next time i know who to look for for tis kinda matters adi..haha

    By Blogger ashes, at 23 November, 2005 10:40  

  • I cant see how free you are by looking at your blog. seldom see you update so often. You can still go for the interviews if you want, you never know if you get a better offer

    By Blogger Jyrenze, at 25 November, 2005 12:06  

  • true... you'll never know what might happen. I may also end up without any job. Furthermore, I'll be starting my job next week. I want to just stay focus. Don't want to think and worry too much liau. It may make things worst.

    By Blogger Eng, at 26 November, 2005 20:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home