In Chun Eng's words...

Monday, June 30, 2008

The 3rd in 2 years

Last Friday (June 27, 2008) was the last I would ever hear from a cousin brother of mine, who passed away of cancer around noon that day in Melbourne, leaving a wife and 4 children. They're all Australians.

His demise makes him the 3rd in 2 years among my family members.

The first was my aunt (his mother, my father's eldest sister) in January 2007, who died of old age. She had a lot of sickness and was in and out of the hospital during her last few months, so her demise was expected and IMHO, it did her some good. She was 78. It was during that time that my cousin was just diagnosed of cancer.

Then, barely 9 months later, it was my father's turn. It was a total shock, totally unexpected. He was never sick, never had any major illness. He died on the night of September 16, 2007 at 68.

Now, 9 months after my father's death, it was finally my cousin's time to go, losing more than a year's battle against his illness. I'm not sure of his age, but I think he's in his 50s, maybe reaching 60.

So farewell my brother, send my regards to your parents. Say hi to my father for me if you see him. May you rest in peace and god bless your soul.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home