In Chun Eng's words...

Monday, July 30, 2007

Authentic Kelantan food

Yesterday, for the first time ever, had a taste of an authentic Kelantan food cooked by my uncle (mom's cousin) who came down from Kelantan for a holiday. If not mistaken, I think it's called 'kau-jam'. I really have to ask my mom that about that. Anyway, the rice is in green after it's been soaked with some veggies and soup.

The rice itself is tasteless. You have to add the side dishes like cucumber, bean curds sprouts, coconut flesh, fish, long beans and some other raw edible vegetables. The most important 'ingredient' is of course, 'budu', a type of 'kicap' found only in Kelantan.

Sadly, I forgot my camera :( So no photos to show. I must really remember to bring my camera around.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home