In Chun Eng's words...

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The selection

This year, the selection coincide with this event. So it's a competition-cum-selection.
The setup. On the left is the sparring mat. On the right is the competition carpet. Both events were held together.

Me and my juniors. These are only part of our team.

This time, there is no gold medal to show. I competed in 2 events and only managed both silvers. Lost both events to my junior, who was fresh from the National U18 Championship in Seremban few days earlier. In the hand pattern event, there were 24 participants, many of which were competing only for exposure. In the short weapons event, there were 12 of them.

I think my chance of getting a place in the state team for the National Championship later this year now seems a little gloomy unless things turns out my way but I was still nonetheless, happy with my performance, especially when my first real practise was on the competition day itself.

I came home with my whole body aching. Ouch... and it still hurts.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home