In Chun Eng's words...

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Lost in translation

Today I found out that the Japanese anime, Fruit Basket, is now shown on TV but it's the translated version. Somehow, cartoons and animes always sound best when it's in its original language.... which is English for the cartoons, and Japanese for animes.

These days, while I still enjoy some cartoons/animes, it just do not sound the way it used to with all the translations. The coordination sucks, the voices are terrible, and it's lost all the feel, humour and excitement of the cartoons/animes. Furthermore, certain parts are usually censored, and I reckon that it's either because the censorship board finds it obscene, or to spare some airtime for the advertisements.

Anyway, going back to Fruit Basket, in today's episode, Tohru found out about Momiji's age, that he's actually around her age while she'd always thought that he's just a little child. For those who have watched it, you'll know what happened. For those who did not, try watching it and find out yourself :P

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Fruits Basket was proudly the first anime I downloaded using Kazaa...that was pure torture to me that time...

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 25 June, 2007 10:46  

  • Haha I think YS also dlded it with Kazaa, if not mistaken... my sis is also watching that anime now. As I recall its kinda sweet and funny and the beginning, then gets kinda dark and twisted toward the end.

    By Blogger Jyrenze, at 12 July, 2007 00:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home