In Chun Eng's words...

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Farewell treats

We usually would treat the leaving staff lunch before they leave but in this case, they're treating 2 people at the same time. A senior, Patrick from my team also left about the same time as me. One is a dim sum lunch at Marco Polo Restaurant, one is Western food at Thai club opp. Beach Club and a third is KFC. So 3 treats by 3 different group of people.... hehehe... so nice of them all.
Dim Sum treat was shared by my boss (Joyce) and my VP (Nancy, also my ex-GM). Western food last Friday was by 3 colleagues of other teams (one is from the Accounts, another is the secretary of a senior manager, and also the QA Manager), and finally KFC yesterday by the wacky tea-lady of ours, though a bit paiseh for the third one. Luckily she only treated me alone.

Also had a Peking roast duck as another treat by Patrick though he meant to treat us for his last day in Formis. He left 2 days before me. The newly opened restaurant is opposite Radius Int'l Hotel and we had a serving of one roast duck made into 3 course dish - the roasted skin eaten with popiah skin, the flesh fried again in celery and the bones boiled into a soap soup.

Me in return bought those present for the duck lunch Starbucks. Will maybe treat the rest next time. I still need to go back to colleague collect my cheques.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • "Me in return bought those present for the duck lunch Starbucks. Will maybe treat the rest next time. I still need to go back to colleague my cheques."

    You must have been tired when you wrote this post because, suddenly, I couldn't understand what you were writing towards the end. :P

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 01 June, 2007 01:11  

  • and also this eng..

    "...and we had a serving of one roast duck made into 3 course dish - the roasted skin eaten with popiah skin, the flesh fried again in celery and the bones boiled into a soap"

    soap?
    if there is such a dish..then forgive me.

    haha..i guess steff is right.i was trying myself to change your words, wondering if i could make the sentence more understandable..:P

    By Blogger ashes, at 01 June, 2007 10:19  

  • oh... my apologies...yeah... I guess I was tired thinking and coming up with the poem... it ain't an easy job.

    anyway, I've made changes to make it more understandable

    By Blogger Eng, at 01 June, 2007 20:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home