In Chun Eng's words...

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Looks like it's competition season again

Got a surprise message from my Instructor today. Looks like the KL Wushu team selection competition will be next month and he's asking if I want to compete. Still a little reluctant though, especially when I've stayed away from training for so long. It's gonna be another tough battle to regain my form.

It's been 4 years since I last competed in the state selections, and apart of being selected into the U21 team once in 2002, I was never selected into the senior team. Then, college final year came and work commitment followed.

I've thought of retiring from competitions. Was even on semi-retirement already. Then, last year's competition in China and Singapore came along unexpectedly. I competed again. Who would want miss a chance to compete at a world stage... it's like every athletes dream, even if you're not in the national team. After Singapore, I stopped training completely. I thought I can now gladly retire.

But somehow... and sometimes, I wish I could have another try at the National Championship. Yet... commitment is again an issue. Part of me is also reluctant to go through the tough training again. Especially when the priority in life is different now.

Anyhow, I will compete again this year for one last time. I do not want to, when in future thinking back, regret that I did not even try.

Oh... and I finally gotten my Singapore certificates... 6 months after the competition. These shows how efficient they are... sigh

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • go man..go for it..
    this is the age to enjoy and experience stuff like this..not when u hav kids n gf(s)..haha..

    good luck..;)

    By Blogger ashes, at 28 May, 2007 14:51  

  • just got to know it'll either be in June 9 or 10. suddenly my stomach is feeling a little upset hearing this... 2 weeks more only... I'll need all the luck I can get man!!!

    By Blogger Eng, at 28 May, 2007 17:59  

  • I think you should go for it and do all you can do. Go all out, and all the best!

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 30 May, 2007 16:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home