In Chun Eng's words...

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Life In Putrajaya = NO LIFE

The title explains it all... life working in Putrajaya is like the equation of:

Dim LifeInPutrajaya As String = "No Life"

Basically, the contribution to this factor is the food and the environment. I've been placed in Putrajaya for the past 2 weeks, doing support work for the client after our system has gone live. Work is fine eventhough I've been sitting the freezing server room for the 2 whole weeks and the people working there is ok. The only problem is the food. Yes... it's F-O-O-D!!!.

There's little choice of food in that area. The cafeteria near my work place only has little stalls to choose from. Furthermore, it isn't nice at all. If it's good, I won't mind paying the amount but putting into the consideration of their taste and quality... it's clearly been overcharged. The nicest place I went to is a food court near the mosque. Besides that franchise food stalls available like Nando's, San Francisco etc, the rest isn't that nice either, but better than from the cafeteria. Imagine, a mamak style Indian stall cooking fried rice... it isn't so bad until you eat it. I was basically biting salt more than the rice. It was that salty. And yes, it's just that bad.

The 2 cowboy posersThe only nice thing is that there are long lunch breaks on Friday. More than 2 hours actually. So we took a little tour around Putrajaya, mostly around the Putrajaya Mosque.

Left photo: Me with my SA at the lake side, outside the food court. He likes to pose, so I just joined in.

2 Sesat posersRight photo: Me and another colleague trying to imitate the pose of the picture behind. Notice the paintings on the wall? Dunno where I sesat until leh??!!!

I will still be at Putrajaya for the next few weeks but not everyday of course.

9 Comments:

  • Wow I tot u are in C# .net, didn't know u are actually in vb.net...

    Perhaps we can share our knowledge in the future. hahaha

    Credit to philip...

    Replace(LifeInPutrajaya, "No Life", "Fun and Cocky")

    By Blogger BillyTong, at 12 May, 2006 11:08  

  • aiyoh... calling the function takes more memory. you can just replace it by setting LifeInPutrajaya = "Fun and Cocky"

    But I would say, that statement is false.

    By Blogger Eng, at 12 May, 2006 15:37  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger BillyTong, at 12 May, 2006 21:27  

  • becos I didnt assign to a string and ...I know that

    just a simple joke only ..u so serious meh >.<

    By Blogger BillyTong, at 12 May, 2006 21:35  

  • sorry man... I didn't get your joke... we've must'd been chatting in a different frequency.

    but eitherway, that's who I am. I'm always serious..... and that's who I am

    By Blogger Eng, at 12 May, 2006 23:26  

  • haha..u said it all man.
    i told ya this putrajaya n cyberjaya shucks big time...my first time here was hell(last year)...i really felt so bored.
    but this time around i kinda got used to it...:P
    i guess the only way to feel not bored here is to hav a few buddies with u..it'll help to keep u company during lunch n work.

    By Blogger ashes, at 15 May, 2006 09:31  

  • yea lar...
    dun think I will ever want a job in Cyberjaya in the future.

    the place sucks big time....

    By Blogger Eng, at 15 May, 2006 11:23  

  • Dear fren....there is an internet tool call MSN.

    Each time philip & me invite u guys..but u guys never seems to talk much.

    Come next time... we'll try chatting and joking each other. :)

    By Blogger BillyTong, at 15 May, 2006 20:49  

  • Dear fren... there may such a tool call MSN, but that does not mean we're able to use it all the time.

    That is because I am not at my place all the time, so that would mean I can't chat. So, it makes no use at all in the end.

    By Blogger Eng, at 16 May, 2006 21:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home