In Chun Eng's words...

Monday, August 18, 2008

BB is 50

Yupz.. my secondary school, Bukit Bintang Boys' Secondary School (BBBSS), is celebrating its Golden Jubilee this year. And last Sat (Aug 16, 2008) was the anniversary dinner held at the Tropicana Golf and Country Resort to celebrate the occasion.

The Star article about the anniversary dinner.

Guest-of-honour was Dr. Alastair L. McGregor of Scotland, the school's first principal. The 2nd principal, Mr. David Boler (also from UK, can't remember if he's Engilsh or Scottish) unfortunately passed away just few months back.

I did not see the 3rd principal, Mr. Oh Kung Lam and the 4th, Pn. Ishah Sulaiman attending the ceremony but saw the 5th and current principal, Madam Quah Mooi Eng for the first time.

Saw many of my ex-teachers. All recognises me, some could even recall my name (though mostly partially) after some thoughts, but most were not around. Wonder if they're still teaching in BB.

The teachers could not believed that I left school 8 years ago. They thought I was still studying. They said I still looked the same... which means I'm still the young boy in their eyes. How depressing :(

All in all, I thought the occasion wasn't that grand despite being a golden jubilee celebration. After 50 years, with tens of thousands of students graduated, only around 500 people attended the dinner.

From the class of 2000, only 4 turned up. And that includes my brother and I. Was really looking forward to meet up more, especially those I've kind of lost contact with. Rather disappointed with the turn out actually.

Otherwise, it would have been more fun attending the event.

Wikipedia on BB.


"Nisi Dominus Frustra"
"Without God All Is Vanity"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • hmm...I can't recall my school have this kind of event.

    May be had been ignore by me haha... 200 km sounds too far away. Poor school, no funding for celebration.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18 August, 2008 23:32  

  • hahaha... in case you don't realised, we have to pay to attend the event...

    and it's RM 100 per person.

    By Blogger Eng, at 19 August, 2008 08:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home