In Chun Eng's words...

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Birthday treat

Only that it was my treat for someone else. For a belated birthday outing, I treated a friend to a lunch for her birthday at a cafe/restaurant "Delicious by MS READ" at One Utama new wing.

I also bought her another present. And in return, my good friend here, baked me this for my birthday. Kind of a joint celebration for us...
And she also bought me this manga as a present...
I've watched the anime version of this story. She knows that I don't read manga, comics nor any books. I think she's trying to make me read... and be a book worm like her... hahaha XD.

Our lunch and presents were long overdue because we just couldn't find the time to meet up. I'm busy with work while she's busy with all her bfs ;o) ... and gfs as well

Anyway, this woman was an hour late. We promised to meet at 11am. I left my house a little early fearing that there might be a bad jam heading towards the area but it was really smooth. I reached the place around 10.30am, so that means I actually waited for an hour and a half. Because of this my parking ticket exceeded into another time block, making me pay RM3.00 while she only paid RM1.00.... sigh

At the restaurant, the meal I ordered wasn't really to my liking. I can't remember what it's called but it's like spaghetti noodle blended with lots of greens. I find it a little salty and too much cheese. It looked quite small the portion but was very filling due to the cheese. But the drink was nice. It was watermelon added with lychee. I brought my camera along but forgotten to take the photo of my food. Need to remember that next time.

We then sat down at a juice bar drinking some mix fruit juices while looking around because I was feeling thirsty. After that, we just walked around. She, being a woman, naturally would be looking at cloths and shoes.

Me... I just went around, trying out some spectacles caused I thought of looking for one for casual wear. Found a few really nice one and she liked it to. But spending RM 1xx for something that I'll hardly wear is something I'm still quite reluctant to do. Besides, I feel really uncomfortable wearing them. Not used to it.

After a while, we left. At home, I tasted the cakes. One word says it all. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!! Thanks dear... for your time and effort. Hopefully I'll get to eat more of them... hahaha!!!! XD

Labels: ,

72 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home