In Chun Eng's words...

Sunday, April 08, 2007

An eventful week

This has been a week of events. Hahaha XD

Sunday, April 1: Happy April's Fool!!!! And also one of my Kung Fu friend's birthday. Yes, it's true. This is no April Fool joke. She was born on April 1st. So Happy Birthday to her. That night, my brother and I had our birthday dinner with our family at the Village Chicken Restaurant, SS2. But it was a dinner we had to pay and not being paid for :(

Thursday, April 5: Haha.. my brother's and my birthday. There's no need to write much about this. It was all written in the previous post already. My parents visited my paternal great grandfather's tomb today as well for Ching Ming.

Friday, April 6: Good Friday, the Friday before Easter. This is the day when Jesus was crucified. Coincidentally, it was also the birthday (based on the Chinese calendar) of the Goddess of Mercy, Kuan Yin. Here's the article from The Star reporting on the joint occasion. That night, my parents left for Kota Bharu, Kelantan by KTM to visit my maternal grandparent's tomb for Ching Ming. It's been years since I visited Kota Bharu.

Saturday, April 7: A day without my parents at home. Yes!!! Peace and quiet for a while. I don't mean to be mean or anything, but my father is like a loud speaker. His voice is really loud. Sometimes so loud till it's annoying when you need quiet moments. Done practically nothing the whole day. Because the weather was excellent today, I've decided to go for a jog at the nearby park. Gosh, my stamina has deteriorated so much that I could hardly complete a lap around the park without some moments of walking. It was more of a 3/4 jogging, 1/4 walking (",) My brother? He was just too lazy to move his butt. So he stayed home to play computer games.

Sunday, April 8: My parents returned this morning. Picked them up from the Taman Paramount LRT Station... at 8am. Rats!!! Was so soundly asleep when they called when they were at KL Sentral Station near 7.30am. In the afternoon, watched Formula 1 Grand Prix... hahaha. These days, watching F1 is the only thing I do on Sunday afternoons, with the comfort of my house. Wonder what would I have done on such hot day today had there been no F1? The weather was so hot today what I had to take a bath twice. Felt so refreshing after that ;0)

4 Comments:

  • wah..im getting so jealous tat u r updating ur blog so often and mine is hibernating..

    anyway talking about heat..i was in kedah for last 5 days..and man..the heat was terrible..12noon onwards u can practically feel the heat wave all over..phieww..terriblee..
    im so glad to be back in KL..haha..its way much better here..

    By Blogger ashes, at 08 April, 2007 23:31  

  • I can't imagine that... I'm already suffering from the heat here. If I was in Kedah, I think I'm gonna be roasted.

    By Blogger Eng, at 09 April, 2007 09:18  

  • To be honest to u guys,

    i never visit my paternal Grand mom's tomb b4.

    and it has been >15yrs I never "Ching Ming" my ancestors.

    By Blogger BillyTong, at 09 April, 2007 14:43  

  • wah... if dun do it every year also should at least it every other year lar... at least to clean the place.

    By Blogger Eng, at 09 April, 2007 15:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home