In Chun Eng's words...

Friday, August 19, 2005

MLM vs. CRP

I think everyone would have known what MLM is and what it stands for. But just how many of us actually knew about CRP (Customer Referral Programme)? I was first directly introduced to MLM almost a year ago when an ex-schoolmate of mine started asking me to join which I did not due to his way of approaching me.

But last night I was introduced again to another different MLM which they call themselves as a CRP. While both uses the direct selling or network marketing approach, CRP is a little different so they claimed. CRP works in a way that when customers successfully refer other customers to buy any of the company's products, the former gets paid some introduction fee.

While this scheme is similar to what other MNCs are doing, I was really amased by their ability to talk and sell, something which is very lacking in me. And I need to brush up on this...especially when I realised, what most large organisations are looking for are those with the ability to analyse, talk and sell. These companies would outsource their technical jobs. Furthermore Direct Selling companies would train you if you join them. When I went for the interview with Shell sometime ago, I wasn't been able to sell myself and my ideas and I was not able to get my message across. You might say this is actually my communication skills but either way we still need to talk and to talk well.

Having said all this, I haven't fully decided on joining this CRP company because their products are really quite expensive and it's a big risk. But I'm successful the returns are big. But if it doesn't work out well, at least I've gone through some training on 'selling'. Don't ya think so?

83 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home