In Chun Eng's words...

Thursday, February 07, 2008

A disastrous Lunar New Year eve

So it was the eve for the Chinese New Year. It was supposed to be a happy ending for the year but unfortunately, things struck the way it was unexpected.

Was supposed to stay in the office until 7.30pm as I was on duty yesterday. Just before lunch time, the management annouced that those who are not too busy with work can leave after lunch.

So many had left. A few chose to stay to complete some more work. Then, the unexpected happened - a power trip. The whole building suffered a blackout.

Fine... although I lost all my unsaved work, I can still do the whole thing again. But as I was on duty, I still had to stay back until 7.30pm in case the power was restored before that.

After a while waiting, my colleague and I got bored waiting so we went out for a drink. At that time, the lifts were still powered, and there were still lights there.

But when we returned at 6pm, it was complete darkness. We even had trouble climbing the stairs and our only source of light was from our mobile phone.

Then after, we waited, and waited and waited until power was finally restored just before 7pm. By then, no more mood to work. Just waiting to lock up and go home.

Oh... and to everyone, Happy Chinese New Year. May you enjoy a wonderful year in the year of a rat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home