In Chun Eng's words...

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Singapore, Part 3: Vici - Daggers

Right.... so it was one event down, one last one to go. For this event, there was only 4 people. A marvelous chance for me to actually make up for my disappointment in losing the Hand Pattern earlier in the day. But then again, I should be wary of my opponents.

After a draw of lots, I'm second to enter. The first guy was supposed to be a Brazilian, who actually flew a 36 hours flight with numerous transits to get to Singapore. Gosh... how on earth would a person last the amount of hours travelling like that... !!!

Anyway, just before the event, he was preparing for another event, running at the same time, a dual pre-arranged weapon fight. I think he competed in 5-6 events in this Championship. So instead of waiting for him, I became the first person to enter. This time, the event was not held on a carpet. It's the first time I've done so in an external event.

Nevertheless, my score of 9.06 (I think) was enough for the gold. The Brazilian who was the last to enter, was second with I think 9.02 (I can't remember the scores much). The other 2 opponents whom I'm not sure of their Nationality, played their routine like Silambam and got 3rd and 4th respectively. So now I can officially claim myself to be the World Amateur Champion!!!! But despite this, something is not right. I felt that something was missing. Somehow, I was not as happy as I thought I would be despite winning.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home