In Chun Eng's words...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

wah... what a week. Another busy week next week.

This week has been a busy week due to many reasons. Of course, the busiest moment is at work. With schedules to meet, works to deliver, and now, packing my stuff.... as in my office stuff. Why did I say that? It's because my company is shifting from Menara Aik Hua to the nearby Menara Pan Global as the office tender ends this month end.

There's also my final preparations for China to make as well. Most of the things I'm bringing over are ready, just not packed yet. And the latest news I had is that my flight has been changed and I'll be leaving in the morning of the 15th and arriving in the evening. With the competition schedule to begin the next day, but biggest concern now is not able to rest my legs.

With a day break before competition resumes on the 18th, I'll have ample rest if my events starts on the 18 instead. I'll be down competing in 2 events and hopefully I'll only have 1 event a day. So when it's over I'll be able to actually visit around the town.

Anyway, I'm schedule to move my stuff either this Friday or this coming Monday which I won't be around already. Will have to rely on my colleagues. Either way, Friday will be my last day in this office. When I return to work after Raya, I'll be starting a new life at Menara Pan Global already.

I haven't seen the new office yet but I heard that there won't be any cubicles. Just 2 rows of tables facing one another. I don't think I'll be getting a nice spot since my company will be located in the same office as another sister company, Bass Consulting. Right now, there's been many doubts and questions marks over this whole thing. The management hasn't officially confirmed that the allocated tables will be permanent or are getting the old cubicles back (cause I do hope there'll be cubicles so I can pin up reminders and notes).

Another happening now is that my dept is preparing a sketch for our Company annual dinner to be held somewhere in November. We're going to compete in some sort of talent time and I'm suppose to come out with the story line. Looks like I'll only be able to think when I come back from China.

This will be the 2nd annual dinner for the year since we're not going to have a staff retreat or to some people, known as company trips. The reason being that the management hasn't been able to find a holiday resort or hotel that can fit 600++ staff under one roof ever since the parent company merged with another sister company. But no matter what the reason is, I'm sure many of us would prefer a trip. So do I since I've not travelled for a while and I have a good bunch of company that will definately make the trip fun and enjoyable.

Now as I'm typing this, I've completed most of my major work. The rest are just plain simple task to complete. The upcoming ones are more important, mainly, moving my stuff over to the new office which I'm still not sure how the management are going to manage it and preparing for China. My leg muscles still hurts since my last training and I've haven't been able to do any workout and I'm supposed to meet up with my sifu for one last training and to collect my air tickets and passport before flying off. Sigh... so much to do suddenly, so much business to attend to.

7 Comments:

  • wish you all the best and u can also enjoy the china trip! hehehe! although is not really a trip, but u can still take it as a trip....

    By Blogger YSLim, at 12 October, 2006 08:02  

  • hehe..busy man in action.
    sounds exciting to me..and im sure u are enjoying it too.

    how lucky u..let all the others do the shifting and when u come back..tada everythin is ready for u.

    this is wat i did for all my colleagues who were ABSENT on the day we shifted from Cyber to Phileo.
    i had to set up few tables with pc's n all..when i myself just had a notebook to carry at tat time!

    but it was fun nevertheless..;)

    enjoy urself!

    By Blogger ashes, at 12 October, 2006 08:21  

  • I'm pretty sure they will only move my box aside and let the movers move them over. Then it'll be up to me to hunt it and unpacked it.

    Nevertheless, I'll miss the fun of shifting office. I've done that once when I was still working working at Manpower when they moved from Wisma Nusantara to Medan Tuanku. It was great fun as well.

    By Blogger Eng, at 12 October, 2006 09:11  

  • Ah my comp was supposed to move as well but the plan was cancelled int he end. Anyway have a good time in CHina, remember to post your story n pics when you get back, hehe

    By Blogger Jyrenze, at 12 October, 2006 09:36  

  • oh... of course...
    7 days of photos and activities...

    you'll get bored reading all... hahaha

    By Blogger Eng, at 12 October, 2006 12:36  

  • Bz bz fella...but sure sounds interesting and exciting. Quick! Rub more mucle ache medicine before you leave...Must be in top condition before leaving M'sia.

    You sure you want cubicles just to pin up notes ah...it's for privacy's sake also right...

    So many ppl in your company, what's your company's name lah?

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 12 October, 2006 15:26  

  • Yes, the cubicle is also for some privacy so that I can do my work undisturbed.

    Also, when I was at the new office for a short visit, man, the tables are much smaller than my current ones. Everyone was complaining about it.

    By Blogger Eng, at 12 October, 2006 16:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home