In Chun Eng's words...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Singapore, Part 2: Vidi

This time, the competition wasn't as big as the one I had in China and the competition was using the old format. There was 4 competition arenas, but only 1 was using a carpet. The other 3 was only on the gymnasium floor and in another hall was the Sanshou (sparring aka Chinese Kickboxing) which I have no time to watch. Only knew of the event taking place.

The competition this time had all the 5 judges seated around the competition arena/carpet based on the old format unlike the competitions in China where judges were seated in a line. This was after the judging system was changed to a new format. In China, we would not know the scores given by each individual judges and only got to know the final score. And the scores were displayed on the electronic scoreboards. Almost everything was computerised. In the old format, we could see the scores given by each judges as well as the final score. And in Singapore, the were doing things manually. So you would see all the judges holding up cardboards to indicate their given scores.

Anyway, when I arrived, I immediately contacted the rest of the teammate. So now comes the waiting game.

While waiting I tried to get some rest after a night of travelling. After a short rest, I did some light training and warm up because I estimated that my name will be called anytime soon. Gosh... after only 1-2 rounds of practise, my legs are feeling really really tired and weak. I had to stop for my legs to recover.

Ok... so then name was called, I got my order and the competitors and I waited for our event. There were 13 competitors including myself and I was no. 8 in the list. My first event, which was the Hand Pattern, would be held on the carpet. There was a young boy (I forgot his Nationality but I think he's a Brit) was a sole participant in his event and so was moved into my event. I think he's only about 11 or 12 years of age.

So my first event for the day up next... how did I manage?

2 Comments:

  • Congratulation to you! Any photos to post here for us to take a look? hehe!

    By Blogger YSLim, at 26 December, 2006 14:47  

  • yea yea... right after I get them from the rest... I did not manage to bring any camera to Sg

    and I have yet to get one of my own...

    By Blogger Eng, at 27 December, 2006 09:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home