In Chun Eng's words...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Japanese meeting manners

Recently I attended a kick-off meeting with a customer in Kepong, and it was something I've never experienced before... the culture I mean. While we, the vendors, arrived at the meeting room first, their culture is not to sit down but to wait until everyone has arrived.


So we remained standing and wait to be introduced, one by one, to the customers. Being a kick-off meeting, the company just wanted to show everyone whose involved in this new project.

In the past when attending a meeting, I would just sit comfortably while waiting for everyone to arrive. Here, we had to stand while waiting. A big difference in culture.... interesting!!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Wah, then if someone is late, everyone have to "hukum berdiri" for how long ler..hahaha

    By Blogger Jyrenze, at 23 September, 2007 09:14  

  • Hmm.... new things to me.

    The way Japanese give and received business card also different.

    They normally use both hand with index finger & thumb in "|_ _|" shape.

    Friend in Japanese company told be before. And had met few japs b4.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23 September, 2007 15:57  

  • hhmmm.... Pun, I'll try them out and then let you know.

    candidman... I'm not too sure about it but I shall be more observent about this.. hahaha

    By Blogger Eng, at 25 September, 2007 08:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home