In Chun Eng's words...

Friday, December 26, 2008

Sea Urchin

When I was in Philippines having one of our Japanese dinner, my boss order one sushi with a special type of topping which I could not remember what the topping was called... until today.

In Cantonese, it was called 'hoi dam', while in English, it is known as sea urchin. If you like or able to accept raw food like Sashimi, then you'll love sea urchins. To me, it tasted a little slimmy and raw food has never been my kind of thing, so they say I'm wasting it when I eat because I am unable to enjoy such delicacy.

In Malaysia, such food is considered a luxury because of its price. It's so damn expensive. But its quite cheap in the Philippines and China. If I'd ever be able to taste it again, I'll probably be able to enjoy it more.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Oh my mouth is watering already...
    Should give i a trial next time when Japs food kaki (if have enough ammo..)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27 December, 2008 11:05  

  • my friend that day went to pyramid "Zen sushi (if i am not wrong)", he said just a quarter piece of this "sea urchin" already cost near to RM80....equivalence to china "abalone" , haha!

    By Blogger YSLim, at 27 December, 2008 20:57  

  • haha.. that's why I say.. it's very expensive here in M'sia

    By Blogger Eng, at 30 December, 2008 08:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home